Every day I search through Facebook and Instagram and am totally amazed at the creative lash and brow artists out there working it. As an educator, mentor, lash artist and Facebook group moderator, I get to see first hand how hungry we are as professionals to get great information on products and training.
Almost every post is a cry for knowledge and encouragement. Some like to post their work and ask for constructive criticism. Others are just asking for the silver bullet of glue or tweezers that will miraculously make our craft easier, faster and more precise. Unfortunately, the only answer is for us to do better, work cleaner, focus on our work and just when you want to throw our tweezers across the room, double down and refocus.
The Challenge Checklist
Looks can indeed be magical, but what creates those magical looks is hard work. With that being said, how can you up your game? How can you clean up your work? How do you end your day feeling proud of your work? Try these:
- Start each day with a “Can Do” attitude. Invest in quality tools and products. Your tools can make your art easier to create.
- When you find a set of tweezers that fit your hand and grip perfectly, order a few at a time. You will need them. When you find lashes that give your client that seamless application, stock up.
- When you find a glue that works for you, keep it in stock so you are always working with fresh product.
- Challenge yourself to use great quality products, stay informed of the latest techniques and protocols. Never skimp on your tools, this will slow you down and cause you frustration.
- Challenge yourself every day to stay consistent in your process.
- Challenge yourself to educate your clients on daily care and why it’s so important.
Remember, in the end, it’s about keeping your business professional.