The holidays are nearly here! With this in mind, I like to craft a plan of action and set a pace that works best for both myself and my clients. I have been in the industry for quite some time and have suffered the dreaded “burn out”. So for those of you who have just gotten started or those of you who are hustling your business, here are some tips to get you through.
- Pre-book every client you can from now through January 1st. This is vital to keep control of your business. Even those who never pre-book.
- My script goes like this, “I know you don’t usually pre-book your appointments, but I get very, very busy through the Holidays. New clients call and book for special parties and I want ensure you your appointment booked in advance so you don’t have to be squeezed in.” This is a very effective tool to guarantee your future business.
- Do you have holiday gift bags for your clients? If so, this is the time your vendors will have deals on these items. Make sure to take advantage of these special discounts. It will allow you to show your appreciation for your clients who have been loyal all year.
- This is a good time to post future price increases. November can be the perfect time to announce your increase. I post my increase then with an effective date of December 1st. This allows you to get a boost in pay and take advantage of the uptick in holiday business.
- If you have additional hours to add to your schedule, always book new clients as your last client of the day. Midday is also ok to book too. Why? Because if you get the dreaded no show it will be at the end of your day. Midday no shows can give you time to stretch, clean up, grab some lunch or a snack.
So get rested, get ready to make your holidays prosperous!