Community

Wednesday Wink – American Spa Professional Choice Awards 2018: Support the Company that Supports You

American Spa Professional's Choice Awards

As a lash artist, it’s important that you feel supported by your chosen lash supplier. Are the products consistently high quality and well priced? Do they provide resources for you to further your career? Is the customer service there when you need it? Last week while getting my nails done, a woman in the chair […]

Read More

Miss West Coast Pageant – 2018 Results and Wrap Up, Glad Lash Continues Sponsorship

MISS WEST COAST PAGEANT WINNERS 2018

Glad Lash continued its support of the Miss West Coast Pageant through sponsorship of the 2018 event. The mission of this inspirational pageant is simple yet powerful: To empower teens and young women to become leaders in their community and state. Miss West Coast The pageant finals were held on July 29th 2018 at The Downey […]

Read More

Wednesday Wink – Fake it ‘Till you Make It!

Fake-It-Till-You-Make-It

As a lash extension trainer, I feel the pain of every new lash artist out there looking to start their career. When I took my training, I had to complete 12 practice sets of lashes before I received my certification. I had to send before and after photos to my instructor for review and received […]

Read More

Make It Up Monday – Outstanding 2018 Met Gala Looks

Met Gala Winnie Harlow

The Met Gala is one of the biggest nights in fashion. Celebrities, fashionistas and designers put together ensembles to match the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s exhibit. This year’s theme was  “Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination.” Everyone brought their own interpretation of their theme to life through gorgeous ensembles – let’s review some of the […]

Read More

Make It Up Monday – Discover the Beauty of Pilates

During a cycling class at Beatbike in Tarzana, I met an inspiring and positive woman that I knew had to be introduced to our readers. Nikita owns a Pilates studio where she creates space for feeling and looking good. This interview will shine more light on the benefits of Pilates, as well as share the […]

Read More

Find Inspiration and a Sense of Community at Lash Conferences

I would like to take a few minutes to discuss some highlights from the latest lash conference I attended. Like most of us who love our jobs, we can get so caught up in the vortex of work that we don’t step back and do an assessment of our goals and get some support. I […]

Read More

Make It Up Monday – Coming Together at Komen Race For A Cure 2018 to Beat Cancer

Last weekend I had the opportunity to be a part of GladGirl’s team at the Susan G. Komen’s Race for the Cure event at Dodger Stadium. This foundation’s event is described as “the world’s largest and most successful education and fundraising event for breast cancer ever created.” Glad Lash has been a long time supporter of […]

Read More

Wednesday Wink – The Importance of Emotional Support for Lash Startups

Just recently I was asked for some business advice. I was all ready to go over numbers, spreadsheets, the cost of doing business, supplies, insurance etc. What I missed was what the request was really for. What I heard with my ears was a request for help on business procedures. After scheduling a meeting to […]

Read More

Rare Up! And Help Glad Lash Support Rare Disease Day – 10% of all Sales on 02.28 to be Donated

Glad Lash Donates 10% of Sales to Rare Disease Day

Lash Lovers… Today is Rare Disease Day, a worldwide initiative to raise much needed funds for research into rare diseases. It’s a day of hope for a better future for millions of people around the world suffering from these diseases. Over 6000 rare diseases are characterised by a broad diversity of disorders and symptoms that […]

Read More

Make It Up Monday – Honest Beauty: Say Goodbye to Photoshopped Images

Make It Up Monday - Photoshopped Beauty

We all know that Photoshop is a tool used to “improve” the appearance of images used in marketing and advertising within magazines, on packaging and online. Subconsciously I feel that when we look at most pictures we are somewhat desensitized to Photoshopped images. We therefore have unrealistic beauty expectations for ourselves and others. These standards […]

Read More